Monday, September 14, 2009

GREAT sermon series

"THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY IN THE 21ST CENTURY AMERICA"
Our interim pastor started a new series yesterday with this title. The three weeks that he will spend on the series are titled:

Sept 13 -"The Heart and Soul of Parenting "
Sept 20 -"Childing"
Sept 27 -"Clanning"

(the latter two- he admits are words he made up but fit the title perfectly- thus he used them anyway...)
I encourage anyone who is interested to go to the WFMC website ( http://www.wenfmc.org/ ) and listen to the downloadable sermon from this Sunday.

P.S. Every Sunday for the next 11 weeks (the first one was yesterday...) we are hosting a great "Sunday School" type class called The Marriage Journey, taught by Dr. Mitch Whitman PhD. He is an awesome speaker and has a great class outline for the next 3 months. It's open to the public and it's at 10:30 in the gym. I'm not sure how many people were there on Sunday from other churches, and how many were from our church but I would estimate about 120 people showed up yesterday. I think it will be a neat 12 week course, so if you'd like to come, let me know and I"ll save you a spot!