Monday, September 29, 2008

Already on the ball

My blog is only a couple of hours old and I already have a funny story to share. Tonight was my mother-in-laws birthday (who is paraplegic). When we were packing up the kids and getting ready to head home, my mother-in-law asked Ethan "how old do you think I am" which he replied "I don't know." So she said "Well....why don't you just take a guess." He thought about that a moment and then said...."7?". We all kind of smiled...expecting an illogical answer from a 4 year old...but then it got funnier. She said "no...I am 46." At this point...you can see the wheels in his mind turning...contemplating the number....and then a light bulb clicked on in his brain and he said: "Well...that means that next year you can stand up!!!!" as if my mother-in-law is in a wheelchair because she is too little to walk. At this point we all burst out laughing....how funny! What a moment!

No comments: