Friday, August 27, 2010

Farm Fresh Fun

Today we set off to pick fresh blueberries and blackberries in Quincy after I finished canning my first batch of peaches for the season. Afterward, we had an impromptu visit to our friends parents house to see some farm animals.
I have to say that I could live my life like this every day and be perfectly content. My heart has always yearned to be in the country and it is in the country dirt that I find peace, god, and just the simple perfection in its complex simplicity. Life moves by a different clock. I love to watch things grow. I love the tick of the sprinklers and the smell of harvest.
However, at the risk of sounding ungrateful for the life I lead, I will discontinue my pondering and leave you with the days highlights via photographs...

Cohen watching daddy pick blue berries
Our friend Aaron- can you tell he is THRILLED to have his picture
taken picking berries? Mike and Aaron were the Berry Fairies
The kids jumped into the piglet pen and had a heck of a time chasing
them down... when they gave up, the piglets were panting!

Cohen saying "I want to get in with the pigs, too!!!"


And announcing the newest member of the Farr family household... DAISY!!!

3 comments:

Grandma Stories said...

Um... I think that is daisy's mommy... correct! ??

Grandma Stories said...

I love the pictures but especially the corn field.

Family Circus 6 said...

If you mean the kitty, that is the kitten we got. She's only 7 wks old but looks bigger in Chezneys arms. I think my favorite is the one of Cohen on the fence. ;)