Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kittens


Our cat had her kittens yesterday. Amazingly, none of us even knew it! She hid under Danissas bed and gave birth to 5 babies. When I tried to get her, to put her in her "bed" I made for her (trying to get her used to it for having her litter), I couldn't reach her and sat trying to "call" her out. After about 4 minutes, I noticed a little movement on the other side of her. I thought she might be moving her paw around, and then up popped a little tiny tail. Oh my goodness! I was so surprised to find that she had already had her litter. We had to remove the mattress and bedding to get to them, and as I moved the kittens to a blanket lined basket, she kept jumping in, grabbing them by the neck, and dragging them back out. Finally I beat her and got all 5 into the basket AND her, so she would calm down and moved them all to the downstairs bathroom. She's already such a good mommy. I can't help but marvel and how nature kicks in and they just know what to do. It's amazing!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh so sweet!!! I want one! :) Our kitties are so old and not going to be around for a lot longer I don't think. DH wouldn't go for it though. LOL

D said...

Yea for kittens :-) We are expecting some too! I can't wait, every day I go hunting for Esther... just to make sure we didn't miss the big moment1