Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rooster Tales

People are always commenting about how they love reading my blog and how our home seems to be very fun and active, which is very true and I love the comments. However, in the back of my mind I'm thinking...well...it couldn't get much stranger...*LOL*

Today marks the second time that some type of fowl has wandered into our yard. The first was a lonely quail that we mistook for a baby hawk until it laid an egg in it's makeshift home. Today...it was a rooster. I allowed the kids to give it a little exercise while they chased it around, and then it was entertaining to watch them trying to get it on it's way home. Oh, the excitement!
I think Ethans hat was rather fitting, don't you? (if you can't tell...it has a rooster comb all along the top!)

No comments: