Thursday, February 12, 2009

S.P.O.R.T.

I took the kids to S.P.O.R.T. Gymnastics today. It's the first time we've been to gymnastics since I was SUPER HUGE prego with the twins. Let me just say that I think all three (Danissa was at school) did sooo well and I had a lot of fun taking turns playing individually with all of them.
Chezney was jumping on the trampoline as high as her little legs could carry her and she was making her mom a little nervous.
Ethan found a rope swing and pretended to be Tarzan pretty much the whole time, but took a few time outs to go bounce on the tramp with his little sister.
Cohen had a really hard time at first. I think it was just a lot to process and the different types of floor styles (bouncy, fluffy, hard,...all different types of padding plus trampolines and blow up things) were difficult for him and he eventually was just happy being carried and not having to deal with the instability....but after about 20 minutes, he warmed up and decided to venture down from his perch and started participating bit by bit. The poor kid fell so many times and just skidded on the side of his face every time, but he kept getting up and got more excited as the day when on. By the time we left he was stumbling as fast as he could down the runway trampoline and said "no" when I told him it was time to go. I think this will become a weekly routine for us!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish my girls were small enough to still go to the open gyms. We love it there.

Jenny said...

We love sport gymnastics! In fact, we were there today.