Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Thursday, we packed up and headed for the zoo. A friend of ours needed us to watch his son, so we had him come along for the ride, as well. All five kids did great and we even ended up not using the stroller at all. It was so nice to let the twins out and get to see and explore without fear. They stayed close and did so well!
Chezney, I dare say, is officially potty trained, so she went in undies. Little did I know how far away restrooms are there! The poor girl begged and begged for a bathroom and finally lost it at the grizzly bear viewing area. She was so uncomfortable that she couldn't walk and wouldn't sit in the stroller and just too wet for me to carry her, so she finally rode in the stroller on her knees facing backward till we found a bathroom.

I have to admit...I'm one of those bad parents. I let my kids lean over the railing (within limits), and at one point...I let them feed a pudu- the smallest type of deer in the world. Ethan picked some grass outside of the pudu enclosure, and it came right up and was sniffing our fingers and ate the grass from his and Danissas hand...but at least it wasn't a granola bar or fruit snacks, right?

I loved watching the kids facination. Cohen was thrilled with each and every animal. His excitment never died. You could just see those wheels spinning...

Danissa was very excited about seeing the Flamingos and Ethan hasn't stopped talking about the Sloth Bear. On the way home, we played animal-veggitable-mineral (really...just animal- not the other catagories) and I swear Ethan guessed Sloth Bear every single time. Eli (our friend) kept guessing ant-eater and between the two of them, we were laughing the whole way home.

1 comment:

Grandma Stories said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day.