Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ethans 8!

My Little-Big guy turned 8 today. I can still remember the day I had him like it was yesterday. These are the times when I feel that time is slipping by entirely too quickly.
I asked Ethan what he wanted for his birthday. He listed several items that I know he's seen at the Dollar Store. While I appreciate his inexpensive little heart- we still wanted to get him something nice. SO we got him the plastic recorder, the gag "spilled paint" toy, and a bathtub fishing pole that he had wanted- plus....
We got him a REAL mini work bench with REAL tools. This kid can now saw, drill, hammer, and rasp his way to fine woodman-ship. And to start him off, we got two different little wood projects that he can put together with his new tools.He was so excited to get started that he decided the box that the work bench came in needed to be dismembered. He is SO ready for this! Eventually I think we'll even move on to old radios and electronics for him to take apart and build things with the parts. His little science-y mind will be exploding with ideas- I'm sure!
Happy Birthday my little Dude! Love you!

No comments: