Thursday, January 15, 2009

Flashback- Ethan Style

Today I was reminded of a funny thing that Ethan did years ago that had been filed into some dusty corner of my memory and I decided that today was the day to air it out!
Ethan was just a hair over two years old. I had been busy cleaning the kitchen and Ethan decided to push a chair over to the kitchen counter and take a look at our Beta fish. After awhile, I heard Ethan giggling and realized that the fish was nowhere to be found. My first thought was that it may have been put down the disposal since it wasn't anywhere in the sink (which was next to the bowl...) then I saw that Ethan was still giggling and his hand was closed. The fish was inside his tiny little fist (mind you I couldn't even catch this fish with a fish net!!!). So we plopped the fish back into the bowl, got Ethan's hands clean, moved the chair and I went to the back porch to feed the cats.
When I came in, the chair was moved back, Ethan was up on it and once again the fish was gone. This time, Ethan's hands were open, and he looked at me and said "Yummy!!!". Oh my goodness....
My first thought now was that Ethan had eaten the fish. As I was trying to decide if this was physically bad and if the Beta could be poisonous, I saw a tiny little fin poking out from beneath the rocks at the bottom of the fish bowl. Carefully, I moved the rocks until my little fish swam free. Other than a torn fin, the fish escaped unharmed....but how Ethan ever caught that fish twice, AND buried it alive...I'll never know!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That is hilarious! LOL

Never underestimate a toddler!