Monday, March 9, 2009

Sad/Torn Heart

My heart is just broken...even though I know it's just a little boys conversation..today Ethan just made me sad. He drew a picture of me (apparently I'm an octopus...) and then a picture of a baby octopus with it's mommy. He said it's him with no other babies. Just him and his mommy. This comes from a boy that acts out and has full days of horrible attitudes if he doesn't get his fill of attention. We can see a difference in him according to 1) how much sugar he's had... 2) how much attention he hasn't had... and 3) how much sleep he is lacking in.
He said he loves his sister (Danissa) but not the babies...I shower this boy with attention every chance I get, just to help his day be a bit better...but then on top of it for him to say he hates the babies just breaks my heart. He must resent them and the attention they take away but we already try to give him that time so much... I just don't know how to stretch it much more without making the others feel left out. His "love languages" are obviously time and touch...because this child can't get enough. Funny for how violent he can get....

No comments: