Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Losing My Mind

Cohen was crying so I go into the kids bedroom.
I ask Ethan what happened. "Well...Chezney pushed him and he fell into the bed."
I ask Cohen, "Did Chezney push you?" Cohen replies, "No. Eat-an push me."
So I look at Ethan. "Ethan? Did you push your brother and then lie about it?"
Ethan replies "No! Cohen fell when Chezney pushed him."
I ask Chezney if she pushed Cohen.
Chezney says "Yes." with a smile.
Cohen says "Nu-uh! Eat-en push me"...still crying and holding his head.

So I act like I know exactly what I'm talking about and confront Ethan on the matter and warn him about lying. So...in tears, he explains "well...I'm losing my mind!" as an explanation of his lie. He went on to repeat that he is losing his mind quite a few times.
I have to say...in the midst of a great teaching moment...I just had to chuckle.

No comments: