Monday, November 29, 2010

Babies in Cohens tummy

Cohen and Chezney found an old pacifier that belonged to them as babies. Since they found it, they have taken turns playing with it, and occasionally we find it in their mouths. We tell them to take it out, but for the most part, its just funny to them to tote around.
Last night, I tucked Cohen into bed and he had it in his mouth.
I said: "Cohen... you are not a baby. Take that out of your mouth."
Cohen: "Mom, when I'm in your tummy again and then a baby, can I put it in my mouth?"
Me: "Cohen... you're never going to be in my tummy again. You are going to get bigger. You are going to be as big as Ethan, then as big as Danissa, and then you'll have your own babies someday."
Cohen: "The baby in my tummy is crying."
Me: "Cohen, you are going to be a daddy. Daddies don't have babies in their tummies. Mommies do."
Cohen: (laughing) "Yes they do mommy... you are silly. You are teasing."
Me: "No honey... I'm not teasing. Boys don't have babies in their tummies. Only girls. Only mommies have babies in their tummies."
Cohen: (laughing harder) "Mommy... you are so funny! You are teasing me!"

This continued until I finally just tucked him in and left the room. Aparently, mommy is just too funny to ever be taken seriously! ;)


No comments: