Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Discipline

Cohen pooped in his pull-up tonight; wide awake, getting ready for bed. After a mini three year old lecture on how he is already potty trained and cannot do that, he got one swift spanking.

Then I saw Ethan. I could tell that he had peed in his pull-up and he, too, had been wide awake, not even tucked in yet. After lamenting to me about how he couldn't hold it, I told him he would get one spanking for peeing, and ten if he continued to lie. He fessed up quickly and then begged to not have a spanking. After explaining to him that I had to spank him or I would be sinning for not training my child to be honest and make good choices, I proceeded to bend him over and give him a swat.

What happened next has never happened before....
Ethan crawls into my lap bawling and I hold him (I think he was crying more out of embarrassment of his bad choice than pain), and CHEZNEY fell apart to tears beside me. Apparently witnessing Ethan's "torture" had been too much for her and she had to share a cry with her big brother. I just thought that was such a sweet little sister thing to do. =)

1 comment:

Krista said...

Cory peed in his bed the other night... he's been night trained for over a year so I'm not sure what happened. It was really weird. But I have a hunch it was because he was half asleep and just relaxed and had forgotten to go before bed. I would not be happy if he did it on purpose either.