Monday, December 1, 2008

My babies are gone.

Cohen started to cry so I went in the kids bedroom to rock him for awhile. With his head on my shoulder, his rear-end reaching my lap, and his legs swung over the side of the arm rest...I realized that my babies are no longer babies. They are now (and have been for quite some time) full blown toddlers. They don't even "toddle" anymore...and they definitely don't fit on me the way they used to.
My baby days are officially over, and that chapter of my life will never relive itself and I am sad. I rarely allow myself to think about it because it has always been such a big part of me, but occasionally I wallow into that pit and have to pull myself back out of it and tell myself that's how it's supposed to be but it still makes me hurt. It's sad to see any part of your life be officially finished and know that it will never return....I don't know if there will ever be a day when that won't bring a tear (or river) to my eye.

2 comments:

Roxanne Pearce Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxanne Pearce Photography said...

sorry, I messed up on my other one lol...

I can't even begin to think of coming to this spot of my life. I occassionally find myself thinking Lauren may be our last...but I can't say for sure because I really don't feel like we are done. I can't imagine not having anymore babies.
But there are so many things to look forward to after babyhood! Things you can do together you couldn't before, places you can go as a family and just enjoying their personalities. Its hard though!