Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Ice Cream

Yes...you read it right! We LOVE snow ice cream! It's an old family recipe that has been handed down (at least I think....) and my mom gave it to me, after growing up looking forward to it at each fresh snow. Tonight, my kids begged for me to make snow ice cream and since we had such a great, deep fresh snow, I went ahead and made it. If any of you are interested, my kids HIGHLY recommend it and it's so easy and fun. It actually tastes really good, too...
Snow Ice Cream (my version...since I can't stand the thought of beating raw eggs into my snow...)
-One medium bowl full of snow from a fresh, UNTOUCHED, clean area
-2 Cups milk
- 1/2 Cup sugar
-3 cap fulls of vanilla or almond flavoring
-mix well...after about a minute of stirring it will start to melt just enough to really mix well.
-serve and eat quickly....it does not refreeze well...don't even try it ;)

No comments: