Sunday, April 26, 2009

Haircuts

Between yesterday and today, four out of the six of us have gotten haircuts. I guess I'm on a haircut-kick. Yesterday, I buzzed Ethan which is pretty typical for spring. I decided to go to Supercuts today for my own haircut (where it's only $13 bucks to get a haircut!) and ended up with probably the WORST haircut I have ever had and I can't even put it up (maybe that's why it's $13 bucks? You get more "taken off"! I told Mike that he can just call me Butch from now on...)! Then I gave Danissa a trim to finally fix what I didn't like about her last cut...
And Cohen has had ONE trim (done by my mom) since last August, so I decided to try my hand at it *whew!* I'm actually somewhat proud...there's things I would change, but for the most part, I think it turned out fairly well for a first try! Around the ears is hard...I can definitely improve that part, and then after I was all done, I cut parallel with the hair to just get rid of the straight edges and "feather" it a little bit. For a before picture, feel free to scroll down a few posts....

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh no! The dreaded "Super cut!" I had that same experience. I wish I could have warned you first. lol My well meaning mom got me a haircut at super cuts a few years ago. Oh boy. It turned out pretty bad, so she felt horrible and paid to have me get my hair cut at Elements later on instead. lol
Then we still didn't learn and had Alex get his hair cut at Super cuts. He came back looking like spock from Star Trek! Never going there again...lol I have been going to Salon Couture on Chelan (? I think it's Chelan St) and it's $30 for a haircut, but very well worth it!

Family Circus 6 said...

I only did it because I went to Elements last time and after shampoo, haircut, style and one product it was $96! Yikes!

Michelle said...

I think the problem with Super cuts is that if you have super straight hair they simply do not know what to do with it. And every flaw will show up.
Hey, by the way...we are ready to commit to you and do our pics if you are still available.

Family Circus 6 said...

Sure! I know appleblossom is next weekend and mothers day is the next, right? I'm not sure but I'm sure we can find a time!

Michelle said...

Do you only take pics on the weekends? If so that is ok. We will figure it out. Call me, 393-0746 :)