Thursday, September 10, 2009

6 Week Raisin Bran Muffins

I have loved this particular Raisin Bran Muffin recipe since I was a kid and recently have been really wanting it so today, I decided to make it. I thought I would share the recipe since so many of my friends like to use their blogs to share great recipes. The best part is, it makes a bunch and the batter is good in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 6 weeks! What an easy warm way to get the kids off to school!

Recipe:
1 15oz box Raisin Bran Flakes 5 C Flour
1 C melted butter 2 tsp
3 C sugar
4 beaten eggs
1 qt buttermilk
5 C Flour
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
2 C boiling water
Mix it all together and store in a covered container in the fridge for 6 weeks. When ready to use, take out desired amount and fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 15-20 min.
*I personally like the muffins better when the batter has had time to sit and the bran flakes fall apart and become part of the batter....sounds gross but mmmm!

No comments: