Friday, May 29, 2009

Cohen

When I pick up the twins from daycare, there has been more than once that I've had to hit the gas to miss getting hit, trying to get out of their driveway on a 35 mph corner. Not fun.
Well, today, when I went in to get the twins I didn't get the safety gate clasped all the way. I went into the kitchen and was talking with the daycare gals. All of a sudden, I realized Cohen is missing. Where's Cohen?
I ran straight for the door knowing Cohen runs straight for the street and there he was...entering traffic and I'm 25 yards away.
I went running for him almost stumbling face first a couple of times yelling so loud that I later turned around to find the entire daycare watching.
A car was coming around the corner and I was so far away...Cohen was lined up with the passenger front bumper and the car was coming so fast...I just started yelling "NO NO NO!" Thinking it was already too late. That's the most horrible thing I have ever witnessed...thinking my son had no chance and I was too far away to do anything but watch.
The car swerved just in time and just barely missed him...even with the swerve, I have no clue how it missed him without an angel just "putting a bubble around him", as my mom said. I cried for a good hour and then still off and on, trying not to picture it.
The worst day of my life...I thought I had lost him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have recently had that dream of one of my kids. Im so sorry! One a church we were attending I went to pick up one of the kids and they told me I already got him. OBVIOUSLY I hadent! he was 2 walking around the parking lot. next to the highway and a train track. I was so distrought I couldnt go back and sit in service wondering if he'd be there or not. :( Im so sorry you had to expierence that. And So thankful he is OK~
~Lindsey

Little Angel said...

Glad he is safe! Truly an angel watching over him!

Bethany said...

Oh wow! That made the hair on my arms raise. How terrifying! SO thankful that he's okay! Bless God. I know that feeling of terror - Brayden was about 3 and playing in the river at Lincoln Park when he started to slip on the rocks (he was standing up to his chest in water) and panicked and went under. He was under the water and I couldn't run fast enough to get him. I screamed the whole time for Alex (who was standing nearby) to grab him as I ran full steam into the water, clothes and all, twisting my ankle in the process. It was like slow motion. So scary watching him under the water and me not able to get there fast enough. He was okay but was shaken up and his stomach hurt from swallowing so much water. Yikes!

Brooke @ little b quilts said...

Oh Joy! I'm so sorry that you and Cohen had to go through that. I found Collin in the middle of our road one day when we thought that the front door was locked. Just another proof of God watching all our babies all the time. Love you!!!

Family Circus 6 said...

Itsn't it crazy that we all have these stories and none of us have lost one yet? I agree with both of you...god is definately watching!