Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ethans Prayer

Ethan has been talking for quite some time about asking Jesus into his heart but every time I try to have a conversation with him about it, he gets distracted and can't focus so I figure...it's just not his time, right?
Well, tonight at the dinner table, I served the kids, then dished up my own plate and sat down with them (Mike was at work). Ethan said that we had forgotten to pray, so I said, well..that's okay...we can pray at bed time.
Nope. Ethan wanted to pray NOW. So then he proceeds to use his dinner time prayer to ask Jesus into his heart all on his own, without any questions or discussion ahead of time. That just is sooo Ethan. All in his own time without any parental consult.

3 comments:

D said...

And were you tearing up? I can't possibly talk to Melia about Jesus without tears in my eyes- she's going to grow up thinking Jesus makes Mommy cry... :-)

Family Circus 6 said...

LOL That's funny! No...it normally will make me tear up but the way he did it just made me smile and try not to laugh. It was just sooo Ethan.
No one else even had hands folded or eyes shut...he just closed his eyes as tight as he could and started right in without the rest of us.

Grandma Stories said...

It made Dad tear up...how very prcious! and we are all to be as little children.