Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Slippery Trip to Costco

Mike and I have just about had it with the older two of our kids lately, but Mike more than me so I thought I would take them down town with me and keep them out of his hair for the day, and just maybe this would prolong their little lives.

We went to Costco, where the kids "helped" me unload my cart to check out. I kept reminding them to be gentle, and reminded a little firmer when Ethan slammed the dish detergent onto the belt and a little bit spilled out of the box. Then came the finale of the shopping trip (mind you there were other small things that they did throughout the store that were driving me crazy...)

Before I knew it, they were unloading my four Rotisserie Chickens (WHOLE chickens) out of the cart. Ethan picked it up over the edge of the cart, and over Danissas head where he dropped it, it broke open on her head, spilling chicken goo as it went, and then THWAP onto the Costco floor. I just stared...

I dug my hands into the greasy chicken, picking it up the best I could...asked for paper towels which the cashier got out and put on the floor instead of in my hands...so I made the best of it and got on the floor and cleaned.

Now...I have about ten people I know that work there....do you think they would let all that happen without drawing attention?!?! NOOOO....

How pleasant!

No comments: