Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Milk'n It

Cohen has had a severe diaper rash for days and it just keeps getting worse. Some days seem better than others, but they are all in the category of bad.
A gal told me today that she had a friend that emptied an entire gallon of milk into a her child's bath and her child's diaper rash was gone the next day.
So tonight, Cohen was in the tub and I decided to try it. I got a whole gallon of milk and dumped it into the bathtub water.
Do you know what milk looks like when it's being dumped into water?
It looks like a big white scary cloud coming toward you....at least it did to Cohen. Picture a child screaming and shaking and trying to reach the farthest edge of the tub possible to avoid said cloud...then picture a cat trying to get out of the tub. Combine the two and you have Cohen. Not good at all....
I had to pin him in the tub and we'll see if that trama will cure the rash, or just regress his fear of water back to point A....

2 comments:

Karalee said...

Poor little guy. I hope it helps and that his rash goes away. If not, try Butt Paste. Has worked on every rash my kids have ever had. I love it!!

Family Circus 6 said...

That stuff doesn't work for my kids, but the milk seems to have helped. I think it would have done even better if he would have sat a little longer. But it seems almost cleared up. The only other thing that seems to help most of the time on my kids is vaseline.