Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend at Moms

Mike was off at Hoopfest '09 this past weekend so the kids and I took advantage and spent the weekend up at my moms, since my dad was scheduled to be at harvest and my sister and Mal dropped my three nieces off with my mom. My dad ended up coming home with a sore neck and a terrific harvest under his belt, so we were blessed by his company, as well.
It was so great to just send the kids into the pool, sip tea and hang out with my mom. We had some yummy food, some toasty sun and yummy peach tea. It was so relaxing and even though 7 kids can be kinda crazy at times, the twins did so well with the pool that I was just enjoying the chance to relax.
The twins have really turned a corner this past week, and I think that they are finally calming down and listening a little better. They are a little less scary and I've been able to breath this past week...and that says a lot since this past week also included a dentist visit with all four kids by myself, and I actually got complimented on how well behaved they were and how "that says a lot" about my parenting- which means so much to me...it has just been such a great week...I've waited so long for a good week...
*sigh* soooo relaxed!

1 comment:

Grandma Stories said...

I am so thankful God gave you a breather! We all need those sometimes.
&... you are a great mom, but I also know it's nice to hear from others that might not be so biased. ( not that I am or anything!:)