Thursday, June 11, 2009

It happened again....

Either Mike didn't get the door shut all the way this morning or Cohen and Chezney have finally learned how to open the front door.
I was doing Danissa's hair in the bathroom, getting us ready to head to work/daycare, and when we came out, the front door was wide open. I went running out and, fortunately, found them in my car. Chezney was just starting to open the drivers door to get out, so I'm glad I came out when I did. It took me a good while to stop shaking and calm down. I just can't handle their toddler-hood. This is the only time in my life as a parent that I have ever wished that my kids get older faster....

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh gosh how scary! Trust me, I've totally been there before. I remember waking up frantically not knowing where Brayden was because he got out of bed and went outside. Thankfully he always stayed in the garage or yard. However we put new/different locks on the doors that he couldn't figure out at that age.
Maybe you can look into some different locks or childproof mechanisms for the front door?
Kids!!!! lol

Family Circus 6 said...

Ya...we have some that work for when your inside and locking it but when Mike leaves no one is up to do it for him. I need to start locking up as soon as we wake up...and we want to get a bell on the front door that lets us know if it's opened ;)

Brooke @ little b quilts said...

Brian's started using the back door (which only open to the fortress of our backyard) when he leaves because I'm so paranoid that Collin will unlock it and get out.

D said...

That's what I was thinking- a higher lock, but I see the problem with Mike leaving earlier. Wow- we just barely dealt with that, and it wasn't too bad because whenever the girls woke up from nap, the only time they did it was if I was outside and they were looking for me. They get in big trouble if they touch the door without permission! :-)