Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Miracle

Mike was reading the kids T'was the Night Before Christmas and I was sitting there taking pictures of them when the phone rings.
I answer and the completely *so I thought...* unfamiliar voice says "There are a whole bunch of presents sitting on your doorstep."
I'm trying to process this so I don't think to ask questions like...who is this....who are they from...anything. My first thought was....delivery people call you at home? Why didn't they just knock? So I stumble through a "thank you" and hang up.
Mikes telling me not to open the door. Who knows who might be lurking out there? I open the door anyway. There are three large bags full of presents.
After much debate I finally opened the one that is for Mike and I. It's a $250 gift card to Top Foods. WOW!
I just can't fathom this and as much as I think...well...we really don't deserve it, and how my kids do have gifts under the tree already, I can't help but think, too...I was getting gifts under the tree in the cheapest way possible just so they would have something to open. So to me, this truly is a HUGE CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. I feel guilty to be on the receiving end of something so wonderful but wow....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! And thank you to whoever had their hand in it...!

No comments: