Saturday, December 19, 2009

Interesting Interests

I've been trying to price out and figure out things to get the kids involved in either athletically, musically, or both. So I figured I would get Danissa into piano and possibly iceskating. I debated on getting Ethan either into Karate or Gymnastics to work on getting that energy out and to learn focus.
Yesterday I thought I should ask them what they wanted to do if they could do anything...any instrument (Danissa) and any sport (both of them). I was a bit surprised at their answers. Ethan was not as interested in gymnastics or karate as I thought he would be. Instead he wants to learn to snowboard and iceskate (given his excitement, I would say mostly snowboarding). And Danissa wants to do iceskating and tennis, which are not the surprise...the big surprise to me was that when she was able to pick any instrument, she picked violin or flute! I have to say...those are some instruments that hadn't crossed my mind!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Boys can learn instruments too. :) The piano has been great for Brayden! I hope the other boys will be able to learn it as well, but we'll see.

oops Sorry Billy didn't call Mike back! We had family come in Saturday so our last couple days were really busy.

Are you still getting the piano? I'll have Billy call Mike tomorrow. :)

Family Circus 6 said...

I actually saw Billy downtown on friday and gave him a hard time about it ;)
I want Ethan to learn an instrument, too, but right now I don't think his attention span could handle it!