Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cape Meares Lighthouse- this one is the smallest lighthouse on this side of the US. I actually hit my head pretty hard on the ceiling when I was going up the stairs to view everything from inside the top of the lighthouse. After that, I got a "sue us now, or not at all" type lecture from the guy that volunteered there. That was probably the most annoying part of our trip right there, which isn't bad! LOL
The Octopus Tree...we wouldn't have stopped for this one but it was at the Cape Meares Lighthouse so we thought we may as well see it ;) It actually was pretty cool...it's over 46 feet around and 105 feet tall. Yaquina Head Lighthouse- this one required a little bit of a hike but it was worth it. The beach around it isn't sand...it's small lava rocks that make an enormous sound when the waves draw them back into the ocean and the crackle against eachother. It was so loud that Mike and I both commented about how it was kind of intimidating.This was the view from our dinner table at Pirates Cove, a really great restaurant that I have loved since I was a little girl.
When we got back to Pacific City, we went back down to the beach and explored a bit more, since the tide was on it's second way out for the day.


And Mike made one more friend...(which Mike didn't want me to tell you that his friend was actually dead).

No comments: