Sunday, August 16, 2009

Small Blessings

I have been blessed lately with small opportunities to spend some one-on-one time with a couple of my kiddos, which doesn't happen very often. Last night, Cohen ended up staying up later than everyone else, so he helped us clean out the side room (actually pretending to be a big boy and "helping" us carry stuff) and then went to the store with Mike at about 9 pm. Then came home and had some good snuggle time before finally heading to bed, but Mike and I both cherished every moment. It never ceases to amaze me how different my children are when they are individualized, rather than traveling as a herd. Their personalities become so much different and their spirits seem so calm and loving rather than the typical level of energy and commotion.
Then tonight, Danissa ended up crying over a growing pain in her leg, so after some lotion, Tylenol and some rubbing, we calmed her down and ended up playing a game of Sorry, which she beat us at. It was just nice to have some much-needed alone time with two of my kids. I love times like these.

1 comment:

Grandma Stories said...

Oh Joy- God is so good. That is so precious and wonderful answer to prayer!