Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Musical Beds

I think last night topped off most bad nights that I have ever had as a parent. We started out with all the kids in the living room in sleeping bags. Just as I finally fall sleep, in walks Ethan. I snuggle him for about five minutes....
in walks Cohen. I put Ethan next to me on the floor in a sleeping bag, Cohen between Mike and I.
In walks Danissa. I make her a bed at the bottom of our bed on the floor.
In walks Chezney. I make Cohen a bed on the floor on the other side of Mike and Chezney nessles between Mike and I.
Cohens blood curdling scream then follows.
And follows.
And follows.
That kid screamed for a good portion of the night which inspired more of the musical bed game to follow. I've never seen him cry like that...I have no idea what was wrong and there was nothing I could do...he wouldn't even let me hold him- most of the time. Ethan switched bed locations about 4 times. Chezney and Danissa both slept soundly through most of it, but I could have pulled my hair out by the end of the night. *Sigh*
Now I have four very cranky kids at daycare.
I am so glad I had to work today...*grin*

No comments: