Sunday, August 9, 2009

Productive Day

While the boys were busy with the adventure I blogged on previously, the girls (Danissa and I)went off today and picked apricots and proceeded to can them into apricot syrup. My only disappointment was that after all that work and following instructions, I ended up with only 1 1/2 jars of syrup. Bummer! But, at least we were using the apricots from last weeks pick and we have a new bowl of them to do again tomorrow for another jar and 1/2! So in the end, I'll have two WHOLE jars in my cupboard and two 1/2 full jars in my fridge. Oh well...it's the learning experience that counts I guess!
Now, once the kids are in bed I'm going to be sewing new covers for the throw pillows in my livingroom!

2 comments:

Karalee said...

Did you get that cabinet from my back yard?

Canning sounds like fun. :) I don't think I'm going to get to do as much this year as I did last year. :(

Family Circus 6 said...

Mike was going to this morning and ended up with the flu last night. He had some other large things to pick up at other places too, so I'm hoping he does it all tomorrow evening.
=)