Monday, November 10, 2008

Blatant Disobediance

Danissa...for the first time (at least obviously) has blatantly disobeyed something I told her to do. Mike and I actually found ourselves very surprised, because Danissa just doesn't act this way. However, tonight at the dinner table, she didn't want to eat her meal. That's fine...we give the kids that choice, but 1) we don't dish too much or expect them to eat excessively, and 2) if they don't eat, they missed it. The chance to eat has passed and they can eat again -come breakfast.
Tonight, Danissa argued and argued her way through the entire meal, which she didn't HAVE to eat, but if she chose not to, she didn't get to go to grandpas and ride in the new truck. Finally I told her, eat 1 of each veggie, don't worry about the mashed potatoes, but eat all your meatloaf (probably a total of 6 bites...). I walked into the kitchen and looked back to see her under the table. I came around the corner, and there she was, meatloaf on the floor, and the cats neck in both her hands trying to force the cat closer to the meatloaf to eat it. HAHAHA....I had to stifle a laugh and sent her to her room to put on her jammies. She is still in tears as I type this. So funny...but just so shocking coming from her....that's totally an Ethan move!

No comments: