Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The River Academy

Sometimes I get a bit frustrated with the kids school. I love it, but it can be frustrating. Sometimes I wonder if we made the right choice...Is it too strict? Will the kids thrive? Will they feel excluded because we aren't members of the same church as the majority of the other students? I wonder if there would ever have been a perfect choice...and the answer is: most likely not...just like everything else in the world.
However, there are days like today where I KNOW it's the right choice. My kids start everyday singing praises. They spend their memory cells on bible verses, as well as biblical truths and historical facts. Every subject is focused on how God was involved in making that subject...Math is taught from a biblical perspective, history: from a biblical perspective. They are taught to see God in every subject of their lives.
I love getting in the car and hearing my kids sing Hymns that I don't even know. I learn them from my kids. I learn bible verses with my kids. I have to study my bible stories to answer questions. I just love this school and how it molds the entire family.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I agree - it's close to impossible to find the perfect school, but the good has to outweigh the bad in your choice.
I really wish we could do the private Christian school thing. In a perfect world, there would be free private schools! lol I just can't imagine tuition x 4...well 5 kids. aack!

I think it's very important to have God in every part of your life, always in your thoughts and at the center of everything you do. It's awesome that your kids have that!

We try as much as we can, with Monday night family/worship nights, prayers for all meals and before bed, frequent discussions with the kids, and staying involved in any church functions that may happen throughout the week.

Grandma Stories said...

Joy, I am so proud of you! (and you too, Bethany.
Proclaiming our Lord and Savior in every day things is vital to their experiencing and knowing God. Mom