Saturday, October 18, 2008

Attack of the Desitin

Every once in awhile, I want to do little flashback stories, since I have two older children that have stories that have missed being added to this collection. My Aunt Deb just reminded me of one such story...Danissa was 2 and Ethan was only about 3 months old. One night, we put the kids to bed (in the same room) and had assumed they had fallen asleep. Mike and I were watching TV when Danissa came down the hall covered in Desitin cream. I was irritated because she had just had a bath and now she smelled horrible. Then I realized the Desitin had been in the crib. I ran to the bedroom and found Ethan with Desitin all over his face, plugging his nostrils, INSIDE his eyelids, and she had even taken out his pacifier and put it in his mouth and then replaced the pacifier. I had to call poison control and flush his eyes with water...and until the flushing started, he had slept through the entire thing! I was so furious with her that I just dealt with Ethan and let Mike take care of Danissa. Now that the years have gone by, it's more of a funny story than it had been at the time....

No comments: