Monday, October 20, 2008

Eat and Tell

Mike and I were playing board games and eating Halloween candy (that will surely have to be replenished before the actual holiday) and Ethan was watching and sniffling for a piece. Finally Mike gave in but told him to keep it quiet and not tell Danissa and our honorary niece and nephew that he'd had had a piece. He knew that if they found out, all the kids would obviously want a piece of candy and we didn't want to encourage too many sugar highs in one night.
So what do you think happened? Danissa comes upstairs and Ethan immediately blurts out "I had a piece of candy!!!". Then, inevitably, Danissa asked for a piece as well. Mike decided to tell a little white lie: "It was only a bite of mine, Danissa. He barely had any." And of course, then Ethan shouts out "No I didn't! I had a whole piece all to myself!!!". Oh....the look on her face....and yet, she still never did get a piece.

2 comments:

Grandma Stories said...

Joy... That makes me sad!!!!!!!
What more can I say.

Story said...

oH HAHA. That is awful! LOL encouraging lying...bad!!! :)