Monday, October 20, 2008

Flashback

When Danissa was two years old, she was a very clear speaker and had a lot on her mind. She was rarely misunderstood and presented herself well. Sometimes I felt like I had a midget teenager. One day, when we were working on her learning to clean up after herself, I had presented a new rule...if you don't get the playroom clean in a reasonable amount of time, I will come through with a black garbage bag and anything left uncared for on the floor will go away with the garbage man. This worked for awhile....
Then one day, I sent Danissa in to clean up a rather sizable mess, and she was gone maybe two minutes at the most, when she wandered back down the hall and said "Mom....I think you might just want to go ahead and get the garbage bag....".

No comments: