Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch




Today we had our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch in Malaga. So much fun! The kids had a blast picking out the pumpkins they wanted to paint and carve and of course mom and dad got one to carve as well. I asked the kids to find me 4-5 nice decorative gourds and we ended up with a grocery bag full. Those kids just loved picking them and everytime we turned around, there they were with another colorful gourd in hand. Oh well! More to decorate with! The kids went through a corn maze and we also were able to hitch a ride on a horse-drawn wagon. We just love going there and every year it is such a great kickoff for fall. Now, Mike and I are about to sit down and have some chili, cornbread, and a great flick: White Christmas. I know...strange doing pumpkins and then watching christmas but....Bing Crosby...how can you go wrong?!?

3 comments:

amador and lisa said...

Hey you, so you have inspired me to attempt the blogging world! Our wedding planner put together a blog for us but I have never done anything with it. So, I'm giving it a shot! Sometimes I dont understand what the heck I'm doing but I'm trying! I enjoy reading your blog! Love ya, Me

Family Circus 6 said...

You'll have to let me know what your blog address is! =)

Karalee said...

We need to go get pumpkins, it just doesn't seem like we'll have time before halloween. The kids and I may resort to going without Adam. :(

I love the picture. :) Chezney's poor black eye. :( Hope everyone starts to feel well. Can't wait to get together sometime when no one is sick.